Operational Update - Humanitarian Aid02.28.2022
As of March 1st, Meest is now able to offer FREE SHIPPING for all individuals and organizations who want to send humanitarian aid to Ukraine.
Any individual or organizational can drop off humanitarian aid packages to any Meest location or agent in Canada or the U.S. FREE SHIPPING only applies for shipping from Toronto to Ukraine. Shipping from anywhere in Canada to Toronto will be subject to a $2/kg charge.
We would like to thank our partners, specifically BCU Foundation, in making this possible and helping us deliver humanitarian aid to Ukraine.Please consider donating to BCU Foundation at https://bcufoundation.com/donate-today/. They are partnering with us and supporting us in transporting all humanitarian aid.
First shipment leaves March 4th. Please bring all humanitarian shipments to our offices by 12pm on Wednesday, March 2nd
We would like to remind everyone to NOT leave any packages or items unattended at any Meest location or agent. Please DO NOT drop them off at the door without proper intake and processing. All packages and items need to be processed by Meest employees.
- Maximum weight of each package is 30kg
- Everything will be going by AIR
- We will have multiple shipments going out every week
- Estimated total delivery time from Toronto to Ukraine is 5-7 days. We cannot guarantee delivery times during this time.
- Package each box by item category (i.e. clothes with clothes, food with food, etc.)
- We are requesting everyone provide new clothing and bedding items, not used items.
- We need 100% description of goods in each package. Please write down all the items on a paper to go along with each package.
- We will need an estimated value for each package.
- Packages must be delivered to our head office or agents. Due to the high volume and demand, we cannot coordinate any pickups for humanitarian boxes.
- You do not need a ‘receiver’ address in Ukraine if you don’t have one. All humanitarian aid will be delivered to our warehouse in Lviv and distributed to various organizations within Ukraine who are collecting and distributing aid to where needed. (We will announce these shortly)
- Humanitarian aid cannot be shipped to an individual at a residential address. Anything classified as ‘humanitarian aid’ will need to be shipped to an accredited charity or organization in Ukraine. If you have one, you can include the name of the accredited charity or organization in the description of goods you are sending.
Priority Items for humanitarian relief :
- Non-perishable food – BIG DEMAND
- Clothes and footwear for men/women/children
- Thermal underwear
- Hygiene products (women’s products, diapers, etc.)
- Table wear (disposable)
- First aid and first aid kits
- Tents, mattresses, sleeping bags
- Standalone lamps
- Containers for liquids (cannisters for water, fuel, lubricants with capacity of 10-20 liters)
- Protective military gear (helmets, bulletproof vests, tactical backpacks, dry rations) – PLEASE NOTE: not all bulletproof vests are allowed. Please make sure that they are allowed for export.
Please refrain from sending any restricted items, including but not limited to:
- Alcohol and any products with alcohol
- Perishable foods
- Compressed air and gas cylinders
- Camping stoves
- Illegal drugs
For full list of restricted items, please visit https://ca.meest.com/services/service/delivery-to-ukraine
We cannot ship restricted items by AIR. If you need a contact or organization in Poland who can help you procure humanitarian goods which cannot be shipped from Canada or U.S., please reach out to us directly.
Meest Canada cannot accept donations of any kind. We can only accept packages.
For more information reach out to us on social media, email us at [email protected] or contact our customer service department at 1-800-361-7345