VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE - EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1, 2022
Since the beginning of the war, Meest and the BCU Foundation have sent more than 500,000 kg of humanitarian aid to Ukraine.
The aid has already been delivered to many organizations and families who needed it in the first place.
A list of charitable organizations to which assistance was provided can be found HERE
Meest is exceptionally grateful for your generous support in helping the people of Ukraine at this difficult time!
Unfortunately, at the moment, we reached total capacity regarding our resources for free shipping.
Starting from September 1st, 2022, the shipping fees below apply to humanitarian aid shipments
sent from Meest Toronto Warehouse.
✅ $8.45 per kg - by air
✅ $4.45 per kg - by sea
HUMANITARIAN AID STATISTICS
Meest Corporation Inc. has been fully engaged in processing and shipping Humanitarian Aid donations for over one month now.
Our hearts are with our families, friends, colleagues, and all the people in Ukraine. Since we can’t be with them, we have made it our mission to help them from Canada.
In full transparency, we want to keep you informed with the latest updates so here is a breakdown of stats as of April 1st, 2022:
- Air shipments – 66,200 kg
- Sea shipments of humanitarian aid – 137,500 kg
It included the following items:
- Medical supplies (First aid kits, bandages, pain relief/anti-inflammatory medicines, vitamins, etc.)
- Hygiene products
- Specialized clothing
- Pet food
TV BROADCASTS & NEWS ARTICLES
Our warehouse has been visited by many local, national, and international news outlets.
They all want to see and share the extraordinary efforts of how humanitarian aid is processed! We could not have made it this far without the help of so many people, so we want to share some of these broadcasts, articles, and photos with you.
Bradford Today, CBC, CityNews, CTVNews, CTVNews Ottawa, DurrhamRadioNews, Gananoque Reporter, Global News, Gx94 Radio, Iheartradio, Insauga, Inside Halton, Intelligencer, Kingston This Week, Orangeville, Quinte News, Sherwood Park News, The Globa and Mail, Toronto Star, TVO
HUMANITARIAN AID DISTRIBUTION
Our Meest office in Ukraine has received over 3,500 tons of humanitarian aid from the USA, Europe and Canada.
They have been working around the clock, and we are thankful to them for their hard work and dedication. This critical aid was distributed to the following charitable organizations, who then dispersed it to those in need:
|Організація "Народна самооборона Львівщини"||People's Self-Defense of Lviv Region|
|Карітас України||Caritas Ukraine|
|ВО Благодійний фонд "Відкриті Очі"||Open Eyes Charity Foundation|
|Львівський обласний клінічний перинатальний центр||Lviv Regional Clinical Perinatal Center|
|Благодійний фонд "Відродження захисників України"||Charity Fund "Renaissance of Defenders of Ukraine"|
|БО МБП "Повернись живим"||BF Come Back Alive|
|Фундація Будучність||BCU Foundation|
In order for Meest Canada to keep sending critical humanitarian aid to the Ukrainian people, we ask you that you please help us subsidize shipping and logistics costs by making a contribution!
Special thanks to everyone who donated these critical supplies! We are proud of our Meest employees and volunteers here in Сanada and Ukraine, who worked so hard to process and ship out this Humanitarian Aid thus far. We also want to send special thanks to our generous sponsors BCU Foundation, without whom, we would not have been able to ship out a large portion of the massive amount of humanitarian aid we received in our Toronto warehouse. However, our work continues because the war is not over. Therefore, we must still ask if you can help offset shipping and logistics costs for the aid that remains in our warehouse by making contributions.
- Firearms, signal guns, air guns, gas arms, cold steel arms (including throwing weapons), electric shock devices and spark gaps, as well as parts of those weapons;
- Weapon Parts;
- Perishable foods;
- Narcotics of any origin, psychotropic substances;
- Radioactive substances;
- Gunpowder, explosive, corrosive, flammable and other hazardous substances;
- Animals and plants;
- Alcoholic beverages, cigarettes, tobacco;
- Human remains and organs;
- Jewelry, precious metals and stones;
- Works of art;
- Cash and cash instruments in any form: money orders, checks, vouchers, securities, bonds, coupons, promotions, credit cards;
- Postage stamps;
- Products and publication of obscene content, pornography of any kind;
- Bengal lights and fireworks;
- Gases in any package, including pepper and tear gases;
- Flammable liquids, perfumes, colognes, nail polishes, etc.;
- Any fuel and empty containers from it;
- All paints and their solvents;
- Radioactive materials;
- Corrosion inhibitors;
- Pipe cleaners;
- Oxygen-rich substances;
- Containers with aerosols;
- Tanks for propane;
- CO2 tanks;
- Dry ice;
- A tool that runs on fuel;
- Lighters and their filling;
- Rechargeable batteries, power supplies, batteries;
- Alcohol-based agents, perfumes, nail polishes and hair;
- Alcoholic beverages;
- Absorbers and other used spare parts or containing lubricating fluids and materials.
- Items prohibited by the World Association of Transport.
- Items that require export licensing by the State Department or Commerce Department must be accompanied by a license
- Items that may pose a risk to workers, transporting parcels, soil, or damage other items and equipment by their nature or packaging;
WE CAN NO LONGER SUBSIDIZE FREE SHIPPING FOR HUMANITARIAN AID. PARCELS WILL BE ACCEPTED WITH DELIVERY TO NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS AT A HEAVILY DISCOUNTED RATE OF:
$2.30 PER POUND - BY AIR
$1.00 PER POUND - BY SEA